The Ares Level IV Ceramic Body Armor made from boron carbide, one of the toughest materials on planet earth, and much lighter than softer ceramics, features Spartan Armor Systems®’ Edge- to-Edge ESAPI protection in a tradional multi-curve design. Made at the Spartan Armor Systems factory in Arizona and independently tested and veriﬁed to meet NIJ 0101.06 Level IV ballistic standards.
Spartan Armor Systems®, manufacturers of American-designed and made body armor, tactical gear, and targets, announce the toughest and lightest body armor yet with the Ares Level IV Ceramic Body Armor, made at the Spartan Armor Systems facility in Arizona.
Wearing a typical Level IV ceramic body armor plate, weighing in at 7 to 8 lbs. can be incredibly taxing, especially when the situation requires operating in active and stressful hostile engagements. With the Ares Level IV Ceramic Body Armor plate, no one has to sacriﬁce safety for a lightweight alternative.
The strike-face is made with one of the toughest materials known to man, boron carbide, and can easily destroy .30-06 M2 AP rounds upon impact. The lightweight UHMWPE backer catches the remaining bullet fragments preventing any penetration or secondary spall injury to the operator.
Unlike some ceramic body armor plates that only oﬀer an 8” x 10” interior protected area, the Ares oﬀers full edge-to-edge protection with a 9.5” x 12.5” shooters cut proﬁle in a highly compatible ESAPI sizing to maximize the operator’s choice in plate carriers. Using a multi-curve design provides additional comfort, especially during extended duty use.
Spartan Armor Systems lightest and toughest yet; the Ares Level IV Ceramic Body Armor plate is covered with 1000 Denier Cordura® material and features the Ares embroidered logo. Designed to protect law enforcement, security contractors, military, ﬁrst responders, and concerned civilians, the Ares has been tested and veriﬁed to meet NIJ 0101.06 level IV standards for advanced threat protection and safety.
Spartan Armor Systems Ares Level IV Speciﬁcations:
- Threat Protection: Armor Piercing Riﬂe Rated Up To .30-06 M2 AP.
- NIJ 0101.06 Rating: Laboratory tested and veriﬁed to meet NIJ 0101.06 level IV standards.
- Material Composition: Boron Carbide Ceramic & UHMWPE
- Plate Size: 9.5” x 12.5” ESAPI
- Protection Area: 9.5” x 12.5”
- Weight: 6.1 lbs.
- Thickness: 1.2”
- Plate Quantity: Two (2) Plates Included
- Curve Proﬁle: Multi-Curve
- Cut: ESAPI (Shooters Cut)
- Armor Type: Stand Alone
- Exterior: 1000D Cordura® with Embroidered Logo
- Warranty: Guaranteed against manufacturer defects ﬁve years from the date of purchase.
- Origin: Made in the U.S.A – Manufactured by Spartan Armor System in Tucson, AZ.
Check out Spartan Armor Systems’ Ares Level IV Ceramic Body Armor online and learn more about the product by viewing this video.